NEET EligibilityCriteria 2024
To appear for NEET 2024, Contenders must meet specific NEET eligibility criteria 2024 set by the NTA. Check here
Neet Examiation 2024 ( National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test), is a highly competitive examination conducted in our country. It serves as the gateway for students aspiring to pursue undergraduate medical and dental courses in various colleges and universities across India.
To appear for NEET 2024, contenders must meet specific NEET eligibility criteria 2024 by the NTA. The NEET eligibility criteria year 2024 are of utmost importance as they ensure a fair and standardized selection process for contenders applying to medical and dental programs.
In this post, we will delve into the detailed NEET Eligibility Criteria for the year 2024 encompassing the essential requirements for Indian Nationals as well as NRI/OCI/foreign contenders.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2024 – Overview
NEET Examination 2024 is considered one of the most significant medical entrance examinations in India. It serves as a gateway for aspirants seeking admission to MBBS, BDS, and other allied medical courses in Government and Private Colleges in our country.
To the eligible for the National Eligibility Enrance Test 2024, applicants must meet specific NEET eligibility criteria 2024 related to NEET age limit, educational qualification subjects, and nationality.
NEET Eligibility Criteria
|Name of Exam||Nationality Eligibility Cum Entrance Test|
|Conducting by||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Courses||MBBS, BDS, Ayush, Veterinary, etc.|
|Mode||Pen and paper-based|
|Minimum Eligibility||10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology|
|Minimum NEET Age Limit||17 years|
|Maximum NEET Age Limit||The NEET upper age limit has been removed, and anyone can apply for the Medical Entrance Exam|
|NEET Eligibility Criteria Marks 2024||The 12th class percentage required for the NEET 2024 exam is separate for each category and can be listed as under. NEET eligibility criteria marks in the 12th class to be considered are aggregate marks only for PCB Subjects.|
|Maximum Number of Attempts for NTA NEET||There are no restrictions on the maximum NEET attempt limit is 2024.|
|Nationality||Indian Nationals, NRIs, OCIs, PIOs, and foreign national aspirants are eligible to apply|
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test Age Limit 2024
The new rules for NEET 2024 eligibility Criteria have removed all the previous restrictions on NEET age limits, subjects, and school types. In the recent update by the Health Ministry, there is no longer a maximum age limit for the NEET exam 2024.
The eligibility Criteria for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test 2024 no longer mention any maximum NEET age limit. The National Medical Commission announced on 9th March 2022, that the age condition for NEET eligibility criteria 2024 had been removed. This means that contenders over the age of 17 can now apply for the NEET 2024 examination.
Earlier, the NEET exam had a cap of 30 years for students in reserved categories and 25 years for those in the general category.
|Category||Previous Age Limit||Current Age Limit|
|NEET age limit for General Category||25 years||No maximum age|
|NEET age limit for SC Category||30 years||No Maximum age|
|NEET age limit for OBC Category||30 years||No maximum age|
|NEET age limit for ST category||30 years||No maximum age|
|NEET age limit for other categories||30 years||No maximum age|
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2024 for Indians, NRIs & Foreign Students
The NEET year 2024 examination is a vital milestone for aspiring students in India, NRIs ( Non-resident Indians), and foreign students who wish to pursue their dreams of becoming medical professionals. The NEET 2024 eligibility criteria are the foundation for the selection process, ensuring fairness and equal opportunities for all contenders.
Below are the NEET eligibility criteria for 2024 in detail, focusing on the requirements for Indian Nationals, NRIs, and foreign students. Understanding these criteria is essential for a successful NEET application form 2024 and pursuing a fulfilling medical career.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2024 for Indian Nationals
- Age Relaxation – Minimum NEET age limit– The minimum NEET age limit to appear for NEET 2024 is 17 years. By the 31st of January 2024, you should have completed or completed 17 years of age. In simpler terms, if your birthdate falls on or before the 31st December 2007, you are eligible to write the NEET undergraduate exam, However, if your date of birth is on or after the first of January 2008, you are not eligible for the NEET Undergraduate 2024 entrance exam.
- Maximum NEET age limit: The maximum age limit for NEET Undergraduates has been removed. The National Medical Commission, through the UG Medical Education Board, has abolished the upper-age registration. Consequently, there is no maximum NEET age limit for NEET Undergraduate 2024, providing contenders with more flexibility.
- Educational Qualification
Students must have completed or will be appearing for the 10+2 examination or its equivalent from a recognized board. The qualifying examination should include core subjects in Physics, Chemistry, Biolog/Biotechnology, and English.
Minimum Percentage Requirement
General category applicants must secure a minimum aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/ Biotechnology in the NEET examination 2024.
Reserved category (SC/ST/OBC/NCL) students must score a minimum of 40% in the qualifying examination.
Number of Attempts
There is no limit on the number of attempts for the NEET Exam 2024. Students can appear for NEET as many times as they fulfill the NEET 2024 eligibility criteria.
Indian Nationals, including Non-Resident Indians, Overseas Citizens of India, Persons of Indian Origin, and foreign nationals, are eligible to apply for NEET 2024
Aadhaar Card Requirement
Indian students must possess a valid Aadhar card issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India. The details on the Aadhaar card will be used for the application process, and students must ensure that their name, date of birth, and other details match the Aadhaar card records.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2024 For NRI /OCI /Foreign Candidates
NEET 2024 provides an opportunity for NRI (Non-Resident Indian), OCI (Overseas Citizen of India), and foreign candidates to pursue their medical aspirations in India. The National Testing Agency (NTA) has defined specific eligibility criteria for these candidates. Below are the NEET 2024 eligibility criteria for NRI/OCI/foreign candidates:
NRI/OCI /Foreign students must have completed or will be appearing for the 10+2 examination or its equivalent from a recognized Board/University. The qualifying Examination should include core subjects in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English.
Subjects and Marks
Similar to India Nationals, NRI/OCI/Foreign students must obtain a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology in the qualifying examination. The minimum aggregate required for reserved category students (SC/ST/OBC/NCL) is 40%.
NEET Age Limit
The minimum age requirement for NRI/OCI/foreign students to appear for NEET 2024 is 17 years as of January 31, 2024. There is no maximum NEET age limit for these students.
NRI/OCI/Foreign students from any country are eligible to apply for NEET 2024. However, it is essential to review the specific eligibility students outlined by the NTA for their respective categories.
NRIOCI/Foreign applicants must possess the necessary documents, such as a valid passport or OCI card, along with the eligibility certificate issued by the Medica Council of India. These documents will be required during the application process and admission procedures.
Qualifying Codes For NEET 2024 Exam
During the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test exam application process 2024, providing the correct qualifying code is crucial to determine your NEET 2024 eligibility criteria.
It is important to note that filling in the wrong code will render you ineligible to appear for the NEET examination. Below are the qualifying codes for the NEET exam 2024. this will make it easier for you to select the appropriate code.
- Coed01- If students are currently appearing or have appeared in the 12th class exam year 2024 and are awaiting results. To select this code, students should have successfully passed the 12th class board examination this year.
- Code -02 – If students have passed the 12th class exam before 2024.
- Code03- If students have passed a pre-degree exam in science from an Indian University /Board, including Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English, along with practical tests in the three science subjects. Students who have completed their 12th class from a state board can also use this code.
- Code 04- If students have passed any pre-professional/pre-medical exam after completing the 12th class including practical tests.
- Code 05- If students are currently in the Ist year of a three-year degree course.
- Code 06- If students have completed their BSC with at least two subjects – Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Additionally, you should have passed the 12th qualifying examination with PCB ( Physics, Chemistry, Biology) and English as the core subjects.
- Code -07- If students have appeared for any other exam besides 12th class where practical examinations were conducted. NEET aspirants who have appeared in the qualifying exam in a foreign country are also eligible to select this qualifying code.
Are there any age relaxations for reserved category students?
Ans: Yes, ST/SC/OBC-NCL students are eligible for a relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit.
Can I apply for the NEET Examination 2024 if I am Below 17 Years of Age?
Ans: No, the minimum Age requirement for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2024 is 17 years as of January 31, 2024.
What is the minimum percentage required to be eligible for the NEET examination 2024?
Ans: General category students must secure a minimum aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology, while reserved category candidates must score a minimum of 40 percent.